Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dogs groin area is red rashy n painful

Customer Question

Hi my dogs groin area is red rashy n painful
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. I am sorry the expert you requested is not available. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you. 1- How long has this been going on? 2- Is he licking the area?
Expert:  Dr:D replied 1 year ago.
Hello, thank you for using Just Answer, The fresh blood on dog's feces is the indication of the large bowel problem either due to constipation or a condition called colitis which is inflamation of the large bowel.We usually see blood and mucus together on feces in case of serioıs colitis problems.Colitis can be caused by a foreign objects, bones ,usulally chicken bones that the dog chews or eats.Fresh Blood means that the mucosal integrity of the large bowel is broken.This may cause a serious infection by the enterance of the harmful bacteria into his system which is located in his large bowel.An antibiotic called Metronidazole against the anaerobic bacteria, easy to digest food ( boiled rice, boneless white chicken and yogurt ) , prebiotics are usually necessary to treat cases like this.But first diagnosis should be made by your veterinarian.I hope this helps.Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its been seven days n its nt recovering from any antibiotics wat else shud i give him