Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

My dog is is acting strange a few hours ago she was fine. She

Customer Question

my dog is is acting strange a few hours ago she was fine. She is a part lab part German shepherd. She is acting like something hurts, she has her tail between her legs, she went on a walk and was ok...but will not wag her tail or even stand up or move on her own. She is shaking and what is odd is she is breathing heavy and when she tried to wag her tail she yipped and starting shaking.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner and I regret that I'm not allowed to correspond with customers by phone. Rolly's reluctance to move, shaking, and dyspnea (breathing heavy) are all pain responses but don't clarify from where the pain is arising. Vocalizing when attempting to wag her tail would suggest pain in her tail or where it attachés to her body. Is there a history of trauma - perhaps her tail being caught in a door, e.g? Have you given her a "once over" to see if there is any obvious trauma?