Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog eat part of a packet of desiccant

Customer Question

Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Pet Doc replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,Thank you for your question regarding your young Corgi who managed to eat part of a desiccant sachet. These desiccants are typically silica gel. Thankfully silica gel is non toxic to dogs, however if enough is eaten, it can potentially cause a partial or complete obstruction in the bowel. You don't have to take any further action here, however I would recommend feeding her a bland diet for the next few days. For this, cooked, boneless, skinless chicken breast and rice is ideal, and feeding this for 2 - 3 days would be ideal. I hope all of the above makes sense? Please let me know if you have any other questions. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!Kind Regards,Dr EBonuses & positive feedback are always welcomed and very much appreciatedIf you have any further questions in the future, I would be more than happy to help you again! Just bookmark my profile and ask a question via the question box.