Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My dog ate 20 mg crestor( about 12 pills). What to do?

Customer Question

Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am sorry to hear you are worried about your dog. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. How long ago did he eat the pills? If it was less than an hour, it might be a good idea to get him to vomit, but if it was longer than 30 to 60 minutes, it may be too late and the pills may be out of the stomach.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
In general, dogs that get Crestor do not get very sick, but it can affect the liver if they got enough. How much does he weigh? I can tell you how serious this dose is, or how much hydrogen peroxide to give to induce vomiting if this just happened, if I know his weight. Most dogs that get hold of and eat this drug do OK.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
How is your dog doing? Can I help with or answer anything else?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He's doing well. Probably split it with his "cousin". Thanks.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome. Thank you for the update! If this was helpful, kindly consider rating my answer (always appreciated to get a rating!); you can still get back to me with questions and updates after rating. Thanks for letting me know he is OK. Rebecca