Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

Im really worried about my dog. shes about 5 now. and shes

Customer Question

Im really worried about my dog. shes about 5 now. and shes completely changed. She always looks sad and lonely. but we have 2 poodles as well but they are males and i feel like shes to rough for them and she stays away from them. a few weeks ago she had a fit and couldnt stop shaking for about 5 minutes. shes quite fat as well and she only gets fed dry food that has all the right nutrients in it for large overweight dogs. she always smells and her anus seems to leak. she seems to never pass urine either she can stay in all night and all day without going. im really worried. should i get another puppy of a similar breed so she can have a mate. she loves other dogs her breed
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.
Poor Daisy.
It does sound like she has a wee bit going on. Now if she isn't forming a good bond with your other dogs but really livens up when she meets others of her breed, then you may want to consider either having dog play dates with dogs she knows or considering seeing if she would be keen for a Staffy companion at home. Of course, you may be best to try introducing her to any new additions first (to make sure they get on and are likely to be friends) but if she is keen, then that could be a means to help get her interactive and generally more active. And that has a further bonus for her, since if we can get her up and playing with a dog companion that would certainly help her to burn off calories and help get her weight under control (which would likely lead to her being able to better manage her own coat/rectum and keep herself in better condition once she can reach). So, that would certainly be a consideration for her, as long as we find the right companion that she can bond with.
Please take care,
Dr. B.