Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My pup eye is messed up, I noticed it was having discharge

Customer Question

My pup eye is messed up, I noticed it was having discharge and now tonight I noticed its looks cloudy blue. I looked at it and it looks like there is a scratch on the eye.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Thanks for writing in.Does the cloudiness look like it is on the surface of the eye or inside the eye itself?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mostly the surface
Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the information. That bluish color on the cornea is due to fluid buildup in the cornea. That typically happens due to some type of trauma. It most likely was a scratch or puncture on the eye. While all corneal ulcers should be considered severe, I get more concerned about a deep ulcer with that cloudy blue appearance. These ulcers can get more severe and permanently affect vision if the inside of the eye gets infected. I would get him to your vet today to get this looked out before it becomes worse. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps. DISCLAIMER: My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. If you are satisfied with my answer, please rate it. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.