Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dearest Welsh terrier had over the past 5years 3 surgeries

Customer Question

my dearest Welsh terrier had over the past 5years 3 surgeries for different malignancies. She fully recovered and presently shows no evidence of any disease. I have spotted what is diagnosed a new mast sell tumor, that has spread into the draining lymph node. I am told that they will not resect the mast cell tumor and the lymph node if the adrenal gland has shown new growth. I am reluctant to agree to the resection of the adrenal gland, because of the cost and the high inter operative death rate.
I love my diggie more than I can describe it.
is the adrenal gland resection absolutely necessary?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello!Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you. After the mast cell tumor was diagnosed and the spread to the lymph node was confirmed, did they check the size of the adrenal gland with an ultrasound? Do they know if the adrenal gland has shown new growth? Dr. Dan