petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience caring for dogs and cats
21300550

My GSD has a two inch cut on his left hind-leg. The gash is

Customer Question

My GSD has a two inch cut on his left hind-leg. The gash is deep and requires stitches. How much would that procedure cost at Banfield? He is two years old and about 75 lbs.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry that you have been waiting for a response. I recently just logged onto the site and noted that your question hasn't yet been answered. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years’ experience and would be happy work with you if you are still needing assistance.
Unfortunately, it is impossible to answer your question without an exam first.There are far too many variables involved that can affect the total cost of the procedure. Variables would include the exact location of the wound, the age of the wound and the degree of tissue damage, the amount of healthy tissue left to work with, the general health of Thor and the type of medication needed to provide adequate anesthesia both during the procedure and pain relief after.
On top of that, there are huge geographical differences between hospitals, even Banfields across the country. Your best way to get an accurate idea of cost would be to have him evaluated at a veterinary clinic.
Banfield is offering a first visit free program, so you should be able to get a free evaluation. Here is a link for that. petsmart free visit: http://www.banfield.net/exclusiveoffer/
I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please reply so I can clarify for you.
Dr Z