Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

She is lying still right now,tried to give her water she got up an loo

Customer Question

She is lying still right now,tried to give her water she got up an looked at me started jerking again and looking like you scared her.Ears are standing straight up
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.
I am so sorry to hear about Aki's condition...
It appears that this is a form of neurologic problem with this shaking and jerking. It could be a form of Epilepsy which is petite ma seizures or another form of brain lesion such as brain tumor. The fact that her ears are standing straight up in an odd position places tetanus in the differentail list. If this continues, you will have to take your sweet Aki to your vet fr an exam....there are many things that can cause these neurologic symptoms such as Infectious, cancer, epilepsy or brain lesions or head trauma. Your vet will have to determine through testing what is causing this in order to treat your sweet girl correctly.
Does that make sense to you?
Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.
Sincerely, ***** *****