Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a neutered male Schnoodle 6 years old. He recently has

Customer Question

I have a neutered male Schnoodle 6 years old. He recently has started "marking" the furniture and floor about 4 months ago. I took him to the vet and he was put on Clomicalm (he has been on this for 4 months after Prozac and Xanax did not work) for his anxiety (2/daily) and doxicyclin for an infection. Antibiotic now finished, he is back to same behavior. I am at wits end with this dog. He is an indoor dog, very pampered and now I feel like I am getting punished for leaving home only to come back to a mess on the floor. Any suggestions?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gene replied 1 year ago.
Hi there!I have a few questions for you to help me understand the situation better:1. Do the urinary accidents happen both at night and during the day?2. Do they happen when you are at home and away?3. Has Tucker had a urine analysis and x-rays done?4. You mentioned that with antibiotic finished he's back to same behavior, does this mean that he was not having any accidents while on doxycycline?Thanks!