Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

Were not sure whats wrong with our dog he is 11 pound dachshund

Customer Question

were not sure whats wrong with our dog he is 11 pound dachshund he vomited last night and this morning he is legacy lying around absolutely won't drink or eat he is 12 years old he just stood in place and pee by his water dish.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.
Because of your sweet Snuggles age, I would worry that he may be suffering from Kidney Failure. I say this because the first sign is nausea and this can make them anorexic and lethargic. It is best, ***** ***** to get him to a ER vet for testing if possible. They will test his blood work to determine the cause and start the correct treatment. If this is not possible, give Snuggles 2-4 ounces of Pedialyte every 4 hrs to keep him hydrated and give Pepcid AC at 0.5 mg per pound of Snuggles weight every 8 hrs if the vomiting continues.
Does that make sense to you?
Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.
Sincerely, ***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank u. We will try the pedialyte and pepcid we will take him to the vet tomorrow.
Excellent....I hope poor little Snuggles feels better soon!