Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I went to the er last night, my 14 year old dog has congestive heart f

Customer Question

i went to the er last night, my 14 year old dog has congestive heart failure and a swollen stomach and I could tell she had a fever.
they told me after$750.00 that she may have pyometra because she is not spayed and that i should do surgery last night or put her down. I told her to give her some pain medication and i would see my vet today.
my vet saw her this morning and put her on antibiotics and said she was not definently not ready to be be put to sleep. she has been very lethargic all day and started bleeding from her vagina.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Camille and I’m a moderator for this topic. We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of our Experts? Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question. Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal. Thank you, Camille~Moderator
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry to hear you are worried about Lily, and also sorry you have not had an expert help you before now. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. I have been away, and just came online and saw your question.
How is she doing? Do you still want help with her? Have the antibiotics helped at all?