Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM 19 years. Compassionate, Caring, Experienced.
2263760

My 12 year old male dog will not take medicine to cure his

Customer Question

My 12 year old male dog will not take medicine to cure his worms. I've tried all manner of yummie foods...no dice. The medicine is powder. Any answers?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this is Dr. Gabby. Most likely he is not going to eat it. Another option is to go to the drug store and buy a syringe or eye dropper. Mix the powder with some water, syrup, or broth and put the liquid just inside of the cheek. Between the check and the teeth. You will have to force it in that way.If the medication is "Panacur" that also comes in a liquid form and that may be easier to get in him.Can you try mixing it with a liquid and give it with a syringe or get a liquid from on Monday from the vet?
Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 1 year ago.
Hi Diana,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Gabby