Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

I got a cocker spaniel dog and the vet gimme the diagnostic

Customer Question

i got a cocker spaniel dog and the vet gimme the diagnostic of mange some skin problem what can i give mi dog to making better to stop the rash
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. "...mange some skin problem" doesn't tell you or me enough to be able to tell you how you can help Boby. If the vet diagnosed mange was it demodectic or sarcoptic mange? These manges are treated differently from one another. Did the vet do any testing - skin scrapings, checking the skin for the presence of abnormal numbers of bacteria or yeast, a fungal culture?
Can you upload a photo of Boby to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (not if you're using the chrome browser) or you can use an external app such as imgur.com or dropbox.com. I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing.