Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My puppy got attacked by a dog and now we have to bottle feed

Customer Question

my puppy got attacked by a dog and now we have to bottle feed him and he wont walk on all 4 only on his 2 back legs if we help him.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Michelle-mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Michelle and I'm a moderator for this topic.
We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the Experts?
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.
Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.
Thank you,
Michelle~Moderator
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
Aloha! You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner and I regret that I'm not allowed to correspond with customers by phone. If this pup is paretic (weak) or paralyzed in his front limbs, injury to his brain or cervical (neck) spinal cord should be suspected. He would benefit from the administration of a prescription nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drug (NSAID) such as meloxicam particularly if spinal cord inflammation has arisen but even if only soft tissue has been damaged. His vet should also carefully examine the pup for any penetrating wounds which will abscess in a pup who should be suspected of having an underdeveloped immune system at his age. A broad spectrum antibiotic would then be prescribed.
Please respond with additional information and further questions or concerns if you wish.