Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog ate a long dead rabbit about 4 hours ago. She suddenly

Customer Question

My dog ate a long dead rabbit about 4 hours ago. She suddenly started vomitting an hour ago, then growling at me and frothing at the mouth. I put her outside and she vomitted again and left several puddles of green diahrea on the back patio. Since then she has stopped frothing, is no longer growling. She is breathing a little harder than usual and drooling a LOT. She drank water when I presented it to her. She was vaccinated in march against rabies, etc as part of her adoption. 8 month old german shepherd/doberman.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you. 1- Are you concern she may have rabies? 2- What was in the vomit? 3- Is she lethargic? 4- How much does she weigh?