Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

Both my dogs have very runny noses with yellow/green coming

Customer Question

Both my dogs have very runny noses with yellow/green snot coming out..
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 1 year ago.
Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 15 years of experience. I look forward to working with you.
With both dogs affected this sounds most suspicious to be a contagious problems such as infectious tracheobronchitis (kennel cough) or canine influenza. We certainly cannot rule out allergies, but highly unusual to have two dogs affected. Since there is discoloration to the nasal discharge, this is an indication an antibiotic would be ideal to help clear this problem, which means they should probably go in for a visit to their veterinarian. This becomes more important if you start seeing other symptoms such as lethargy, reduced to no appetite, or coughing.
The Benadryl is a good idea and might help. Will not hurt. But it may not help this resolve.
I am at a point I need to know what questions you have. We can continue our dialogue in this setting.
I hope that the information I provided has been helpful.
Please remember to select REPLY TO EXPERT if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer.
My goal is to provide the best answer possible prior to you leaving a feedback rating.
If you received all the information you needed, then kindly submit a rating.