Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I had two dogs that died of distemper a couple of years ago,

Customer Question

I had two dogs that died of distemper a couple of years ago, I hope my 4 month old great dane does not have it, he has diarrhea, throwing up, and wont eat or drink.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Michelle-mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Michelle and I'm a moderator for this topic.
We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the Experts?
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.
Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.
Thank you,
Michelle~Moderator
Expert:  jadedangel57 replied 1 year ago.
Hi JaCustomer,
My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.
In order to supply you with an informed answer, it is necessary for me to collect some additional information from you. When I receive your response or reply, it will likely take me between 30-45 minutes to type up my reply if I am still online when I receive notice that you replied. I hope you can be patient.
Has the area where your other dogs died of distemper been cleaned in any way over the last couple of years?
Has this puppy been vaccinated?
If so, how many time and when was the dog vaccinated?
When did he stop eating?
When did he start vomiting?
How about the diarrhea?
Does it smell a lot worse than normal fecal matter?
What have you tried so far?