Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My 12 pound beagle puppy just ate 1 red grape off the ground.

Customer Question

My 12 pound beagle puppy just ate 1 red grape off the ground. Is he in danger
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome, Just to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so.We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }Regards,Dr Scott
Hello again and thanks for waiting. I have worked out an answer for you below ... 1. Good news! : While grapes in quantity can be toxic to dogs just one grape is well below the toxic level even for a small puppy like yours. 2. The reason I say this is that the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center studies suggest that the lowest documented toxic dose was 10 to 12 grapes in a 20 pound dog. Which works out at around 10 grapes in your case.You can check this information HERE Your Beagle pup should be just fine , there are no special measures you need take in this sort of situation. I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you. Regards,Dr Scott.Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Hello again,
I am just checking back in to see how Scooter is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the grape incident.
How are things going?
Regards,
Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you { Using the site rating system }, such feedback really helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Hi David Hobbs,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Scooter. How is everything going?