Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

I think my puppy has ate to much puppy food she is really fat

Customer Question

I think my puppy has ate to much puppy food she is really fat looking what should I do?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you. 1- Do you mean her belly is distended after eating?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you define distended?
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Swollen or bloated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She's just bloated
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She's still using the bathroom good
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Friend, this is very common and normal after eating for the abdomen to become distended. There is really nothing that you need to do other than giving her some time and it will go down on it's own. No need to worry, this is normal. Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My puppy has a bacterial puppy rash the dr have it on 7/15 calvadox drop 15ml and she still has the rash her tail under belly and her head what can we do
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
I am not set up to make a live call now. I will opt out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What about the bacterial rash?
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Can you upload a photo of representative skin to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (not if you're using the chrome browser) or you can use an external app such as imgur.com or dropbox.com. I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing. If you're not seeing a good response to Clavamox, I'm concerned that there might be an underlying demodicosis (mange mite) that needs to be addressed. How old in weeks is Elisa, please? has her vet performed skin scrapings looking for this mite?