Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a five year oold husky last wed she stopped eating and

Customer Question

I have a five year oold husky
last wed she stopped eating and was vomiting
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you. 1- How is she doing now? 2- Any pre existing medical conditions? 3- How much does she weigh? 4- Did she get into anything? 5- Any other symptoms?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I didn't finish...So last wed I took her to the vet and they looked for obstruction and ruled that out. They did blood work and she was severely dehydrated. They gave her IV and kept her overnight and gave me amoxicillin. Her blood work was normal other than her dehydration. The vet decided she may have eaten something poisonous.Take her home and she's alert but still won't eat..so I force fed her small amounts of boiled chicken. The past two days she hasn't eaten. She has vomited twice today and is dry heaving. She will drink small amounts of water.I'm frustrated because I don't have another $500 to go to the vet! I know something is wrong but I can't afford it. :/
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Did your vet do xrays?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes still couldn't find anything. From what I've been trying to find online it sounds like kidney failure? But I don't understand if the vet ran blood work and did X-rays why nothing was found
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
I am not currently set up for a live call. I will opt out so another expert could help you. Sorry.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I can't call I'm at work
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know why it asked me that