Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

I have a female white lab and she is a boater. She swims

Customer Question

Hello I have a female white lab and she is a boater. She swims and is washed after every swim to get salt off of her. She is 16 months old and well groomed. We noticed that she has developed some tiny dots on her jowls that caused hair loss and now getting better but che has them on her nose and head no where else. There is no crust or scabs and she is not scratching. Do you have any idea? Hot spots also her nose runs clear once in awhile...thanks!
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Can you upload a photo of representative skin to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (not if you're using the chrome browser) or you can use an external app such as imgur.com or dropbox.com. I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing. Both a short hair folliculitis (a Staph infection, usually) or demodicosis (Demodectic mange) are consistent with these dots of hair loss that are remissing unaided.