Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, emphasis in dermatology, internal medicine, pain management
14008320

My dog got some of this rat tomcat gel what should do he didn't

Customer Question

My dog got some of this rat tomcat gel what should do he didn't get that much he just bite the tip
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Rat/mouse bait can be quite toxic to a pet. Some baits causing bleeding disorders in pets, whereas another type of bait can cause seizures. However!If he only could have been exposed to just the tip amount, that is not enough to induce toxicity in a pet. It would be very hard to justify any treatment if only the type was ingested. If anything more thn just the tip, I would consult a local emergency veterinarian and bring the product with you so they can evaluate. If you are also referring only to the mouse "attractant" gel that helps to "attract" rats and not a bait at all, I wouldn't even think twice. You are in great shape!Dr. Andy
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 1 year ago.
Hi Rosie Benavides,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Scrappy. How is everything going?