Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of experience with domestic and exotic dogs, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.
17018043

Yes my dog just ate a pencil what should I do

Customer Question

Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you. Did Reze chew up the pencil into small pieces or did he swallow it whole? Dr. Dan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Small pics I guess I am not sure I found 3/4 of the pencil it was about
5 inches long so I guess she consumed maybe some lead and some wood.
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the information, pencils are not poisonous in any way. The lead is not lead it is in fact graphite which is not harmful at all. As long as the pencil was not swallowed whole then in most cases Reze will be just fine. If the little would shavings cause problems in the intestines it will result in severe and repeated vomiting. If you see that then the vet needs to take an xray to see where the pencil pieces are causing a problem. In almost every case Reze will be just fine, with no ill effects from the pencil. I hope this helps, if not please feel free to ask more questions. Dr. Dan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you she is doing very well this, moring
she had a bowl movement and all the pencil was in that stoll no vomiting she is doing great thank.
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the update!