Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Im getting very upset with the veterinarian that i normally

Customer Question

im getting very upset with the veterinarian that i normally go to for my dog issues this time
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I've been a veterinarian for 15 years. Can you be more specific about what your concern is? I want to help as much as I can.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i just typed a paragraph of what is going on with my dog
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry, but something must have happened and that didn't get posted. All I can view is what is said above. Can you retype it again?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ugh,this is a pain in the ass!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
forget it!
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
I can very much understand how frustrated you are. I've had long replies typed and they got lost. If you want to continue, I'll again help as much as I can.
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a;right
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i hate typing,im slow
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
That is no problem on the speed of your typing. There is no rush on my part.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well to start off this has been an ongoing problem for over 2 months with my lab
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
Give me as much detail as you can about this ongoing problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i had my dog Abby in over 2 months ago for a symptom something like "Kennell Cough" but more of a hacking sound
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Did your vet see an event of the "coughing" / "hacking" sound? Is it getting worse or staying the same? Did they do any diagnostics? What treatments did they try?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i first talk to my regular vet about this over the phone so he prescribed 2 medications for Abby to take so i went and picked them up and she began taking them but then some vomitting came with the hacking
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Do you know what the 2 medications were? How long ago were these given again? What happened next?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She would eat her dog food and then vomitt it up later on.
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
Is the vomiting still going on? Have you taken her actually into your vet for them to evaluate her?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is taking to long this is such a big pain in the ass
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes it is and sometimes just "Bile" is being expelled
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
So for how many days has Abby been vomiting up the bile? Has she been to your vet for them to evaluate her and to do testing? What testing did they do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she has been in 3 times for this with different medications evrytime i go there.And now she has a deep sniffle with a hick up condition too
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
Do you know what medications have been tried? Has your vet done any testing on her? X-rays? Blood work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes the last time i was there was 3 days ago and they took x-rays and some blood work.he called me yesterday and said there was nothing on the x-rays except maybe alittle "bronchitis and nothing in the blood work was present.
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
At that last visit, what did they start up as new treatment? Are they specifically giving her a diagnosis of something? What did they say is the next step?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
initially Cefpodoxime proxetil 100mg and also Temaril-P 480mg but this seemed to have no affect on her symptoms
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
The Cefpodoxime is an antibiotic and the Temaril-P is a combination antihistamine and steroid. These aren't typically used for "vomiting" cases. Your vet knows that she's definitely vomiting correct? Is she acting more down and dumpy?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
then i came back in and saw one of his other vets and she just looked at her and said if she isnt better in a few days to bring her back in and i did!
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
So you last brought her to the vet 3 days ago and say the "other" vet who didn't do anything new? They just left her on the same medications? Has she been vomiting bile daily since then? How long ago did the vomiting of bile start?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
then I saw my regular vet and he then prescribed 2 different meds
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
to hell with this crap! this takes too long typing and then waiting for an answer back and forth! this is stupid and so slow!
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
So you saw your regular vet 3 days ago and he prescribed the Cefpodoxime and the Temaril-P? I want to try and be as clear on this time line as possible. He prescribed those for the "coughing"? Did you specifically tell him that she was vomiting bile?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
bye!
:(
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry that this process wasn't what you were hoping for. I wish you the best for your girl. Take care.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
im not paying a single thing for this rediculous bullshit snail pace bullshit!
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
I can send you to the moderator if you'd like for further help.
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.