Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have an 11 1/2 year lold dog (boxer-Doberman-sharpee

Customer Question

Hi, I have an 11 1/2 year lold dog (boxer-Doberman-sharpee mix). she has a history of pancreatitis twice in her life, once about 8 months ago. She had diarrhea and I was out of town. My husband took her to the vet (who is not our usual vet, but a partner). The vet decided it was best to not be aggressive in trying to determine what the cause was and just put her on Flagyl to see if it was infectious diarrhea. When I got back I called the vet and actually got them to draw blood work that showed pancreatitis
We have an ultrasound scheduled for Saturday to determine if there is a physical cause of the pancreatitis. For now the dog is still on the flagyl. Pepcid has been added and she is on a boiled chicken breast and rice diet. she has been looking ok, just a little more tired, but today she is throwing up. Mostly water with a little bit of chicken (minimal chicken) and she is very obviously nauseous
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. I am sorry the expert you requested is not available. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you. 1- How much does she weigh? 2- How many milligrams is the Pepcid AC and how often are you giving it? 3- Can you take a look at her gums and see if they are pink or pale?