Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

Laurs has had diarrhoea, been sick is panto g and tremblin

Customer Question

Laurs has had diarrhoea, been sick is panto g and trembling
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He weighs 13kg
Gums are pink
Tongue is pink
No issue touching stomach
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!I am so sorry no one has assisted you both yet today and that your dog is not feeling wellI can give you some basic guidelines for Laurs but if he is not showing improvement I would advise a veterinary exam sooner rather than later.- Begin white rice and boiled chicken which is bland yet bulking to help encourage normal bowel movements- Pepcid (famotidine) 0.25 mg/ pound every 12 hours to help settle his stomach and hopefully reduce cramping and trembling. For his size this would be 1/2 of an adult pepcid 10 mg which is over the counter- If you are able to get him up and moving then that can help with stomach contractions and cramping to resolve them along with any nausea he maybe feelingUnfortunately palpation of the abdomen at home is not going to reflect what your veterinarian who is trained to palpate for organ changes and irregularities might find. If he is not improving, there is blood in the stool, he begins to have vomiting, gums are pale, temperature >103.5, respiratory rate (breaths per minute while at rest) >60, he is doing a play bow then I would strongly advise a veterinary examPlease let me know how else I can assist you both today. I truly hope he is feeling better soon If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!