Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.
13146597

I believe my dogs belly looks swollen. He is overweight to

Customer Question

I believe my dogs belly looks swollen. He is overweight to begin with. So it's hard to tell. He is acting ok. He moved his bowels today maybe not as much as normal. Inner leg, lower belly looks black +blue on 1 side. I'm worried about him.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Whitehead replied 1 year ago.
Hello there. I am sorry to hear about Tyson and his belly. I am happy to help you this evening. The fact that you think his belly is swollen and that his leg looks black and blue on one side I would strongly recommend having him checked out tonight. I would have him seen by your vet or an emergency vet to make sure that he is not bleeding into his abdomen making his belly look distended. If he has bruising on his inner leg and belly then bleeding is even more of a concern and he should absolutely be looked at tonight. He needs to have an exam done and have x rays done of his belly to make sure there is no fluid in there caused by trauma or even a tumor growing in his belly. If he is bleeding internally or having a bleeding issue then waiting until morning could be detrimental for him tonight. So definitely get him looked at just to be sure and to find out what is going on.I hope this helps and I hope this makes sense. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!