petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience caring for dogs and cats
21300550

My 8 year old shizu is about 8 weeks pregnant was never bred

Customer Question

My 8 year old shizu is about 8 weeks pregnant was never bred and I want to have puppies aborted but cant find any place affordable-, I live in zip 12531
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry that you have been waiting for a response. I recently just logged onto the site and noted that your question hasn't yet been answered. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years’ experience and would be happy work with you if you are still needing assistance. At this stage in her pregnancy, medical termination is not a viable option and surgical spay is probably your only choice. However being this far along in her term, it carries extra risks both during surgery and post op. It may be wise to let her deliver the pups, unless you have reason to think it will be a risk for her to deliver (large pups) in which case she might end up with a c-section anyway. This would be best decided after a discussion between you and your vet. Here are some links for low cost clinics in your area. Hopefully, you will be able to find someone to help. LINK 1LINK 2LINK 3 I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please reply so I can clarify for you.Dr Z