Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My dog had a lesion/cyst on his sack a month. I finally gave

Customer Question

My dog had a lesion/cyst on his sack for about a month. I finally gave up on it trying to heal so I took him in to get fixed and have the lesion removed. Everything went fine but afterwards he was eating normally and loosing weight. Its been about two weeks and I would say he lost about 15-20 lbs. Ribs are poking out, breathing is labored. and I just brought him inside to lay down; after he played down he urinated right there where where he was laying all over himself and just played in it. He used to be very energetic, no prior health prob. only years old
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Laid not played, damn auto correct
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner and I regret that I'm not allowed to use the phone when corresponding to customers. In a nutshell, any dog who has lost 15-20 pounds in 2 weeks must be considered critically ill and in need of a thorough physical exam including diagnostics in the form of blood and urine tests and imaging in the form of X-rays or ultrasound. Your description of him is that of a dying dog and so I encourage your having him attended to at your earliest convenience. While his symptoms are certainly important, they're not pathognomonic (specifically indicative) of any one disorder and so it frustrates me that I can't be more specific for you from here. Please respond with additional information and further questions or concerns if you wish.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Boss. How is everything going?