Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My ***** ***** has very dark stools, and has been vomiting

Customer Question

My ***** ***** has very dark stools, and has been vomiting on and off for a couple of days.
His food is the same as always, and I expected to see his normal brown stool, but its not, and sometimes its shapeless and dark.
Can you help me to know how to help him.
Thank you!
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help. Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me: Are the stools black?What does the vomit look like?Is he eating and drinking? Can he keep water down?Are his gums pink or pale/white?If you press on his belly, any discomfort, pain or tensing?Could he have eaten anything he should not have (ie plants, chemicals, sharp non-edible items, bones, etc)?