Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

How often should I give my dog coconut oil a day

Customer Question

how often should I give my dog coconut oil a day
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. However before I can start I need a little more information to make things clearer for me so could you please answer the following :1. Are you giving this to enhance your dog's skin and coat or for some other reason?You can then expect a written reply sometime within the next fifteen minutes or so.We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype if this is more convenient for you. Please get back to me if this is more suitable for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }Regards,Dr Scott
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just to make him feel well I heard this was very good and as I take it I am checking before I give it to my dog
Hello again and thanks for waiting. I have worked out an answer for you below ... That's fine, the amounts are not really that critical, for a small dog like yours it would be OK to give say one half teaspoon once a day, it's OK to mix it in with his food. Small amounts of c oil cannot do him any harm and many owners say it has beneficial effects. I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you. Regards, ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you for your reply i feel safe now to go ahead with it
No problem, very glad to have advised you, if you should run into any problems then please do not hesitate to get back to me, but the chances are he will be just fine on coconut oil. Regards,Dr Scott.Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.