Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

How quickly should my dog feel better after cerenia inject

Customer Question

How quickly should my dog feel better after cerenia injection?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today. In regards ***** ***** question, we would expect a dog's nausea to lessen in response to the Cerenia within an hour after administration. It can take a few hours longer for them to be up to eating for us if they have a very unstable stomach. Still you can tempt Zeph with a bland diet like rice with boiled chicken, white fish, cottage cheese, or scrambled egg just now. Of course, if he keeps vomiting despite this, then we'd be concerned that he may have a GI blockage or that his nausea is too severe for the drug to overcome. And in that case, if we do not see him settling over the next few hours, then we'd need to consider having his vet carry out further diagnostics (ie xray, ultrasound, bloods) to make sure there is nothing stuck and nothing affecting her organs and thus triggering her nausea. I hope this information is helpful.If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!All the best, ***** you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today.Thank you! : )
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He had the shot 4 hours ago and threw up water an hour ago. He refuses to eat chicken and rice. He's sleeping and breathing hard. Had diarrhea an hour ago. Should I return to the vet?
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,If he is breathing hard and is uncomfortable, then I do think we need to at least ring his vet. They can consider this lack of improvement relative to their exam findings and advise you if they can admit him for those further tests at this point. That way we can identify the cause of these persisting signs and address the root cause for Zeph. All the best,Dr. B.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mary,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Zeph. How is everything going?

nekovet