Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My two dogs got into a jar of peanut butter cookies

Customer Question

hi my two dogs got into a jar of peanut butter cookies thankfully i caught them in time it looks like they had 1 cookie each but they were in halves... the peanut butter cookies did have peanouts in them ..will they be okay? and the dogs ages are a 6 yr old lab retriever and a 13 week old German shepherd.i'm currently scared and wondering what to do next
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
Did the cookies have any xylitol (an artificial sugar) or chocolate?
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
I have not heard back from you, but wanted to leave my thoughts for you. As long as there was no chocolate and no xylitol in these peanut butter cookies, there are no worries here. Peanuts are not dangerous for dogs and will cause no harm. We don't want them having lots of cookies, since that could cause GI upset and pancreatitis. But peanuts are a safe nut for dogs (as opposed to macadamia nuts) and therefore will cause them no harm.
I hope this information is helpful.
If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!
All the best, *****
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )