Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My Akita ate about 6 small pellets of D'Con Mouse poison (there

Customer Question

My Akita ate about 6 small pellets of D'Con Mouse poison (there were very few pellets in the area she got into. Should we induce vomiting
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome, Just to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so.We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }Regards,Dr Scott
Hello again and thanks for waiting. I have worked out an answer for you below ... 1. One of the best things you can do in this sort of situation is to make your dog sick immediately and try recover the drug that way, If you can do this within the first hour after ingestion then things may be OK . For the sake of speed I will give you a link on how to do this best ***** you fail to make your dog sick you should contact your vet without delay as an antidote may be available depending on the ingredients you are dealing with. 2. If your dog swallowed a very tiny amount it should be OK, but do not take any chances as this is a very insidious type of poison. Better safe than sorry, contact your vet ASAP if you do not manage to induce vomiting or if you are in any doubt. I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you. Regards, ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Hi Quentin Collins,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Emiko. How is everything going?