Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a 13 year old female yorkie took her to the vet on Friday

Customer Question

I have a 13 year old female yorkie took her to the vet on Friday because on Thursday she has eaten we believe a not off one of those. Small bones you buy at Walmart - since then she has been gagging - took her in they said nothing was in her throat when they looked with the wooden stick said she had a gum problem and gave us antibiotics for her for the next 14 days - well she is still gagging on am in the northwoods no vet around until tomorrow not sure if she can wait that long - how can I help her
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:
Is she just gagging or is she have trouble breathing?
Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count her breaths for 10 seconds + multiply by 6)?
Are her gums pink or pale/white?