Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

My 13 week old miniature schnauzer about 5 lb got a hold

Customer Question

My 13 week old miniature schnauzer about 5 lb got a hold of a bc aspirin she did not eat very much of it but will it Hurt her
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 1 year ago.
Hello, 1. How long ago?2. How much of it?Dr. Andy
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!If you are able to answer Dr Andy's questions it would be ideal to proceed to give you an idea of level of concernIf your dog ingested this within the last hour then you can induce vomiting with 3% hydrogen peroxide 1 tsp per ten pounds (1/2 tsp) then walk around to mix it in the stomach and agitate the lining. If no vomiting within 10-15 minutes it can be repeated once only in hopes of inducing vomiting. If you are unable to respond this is the safest way to ensure that we have minimal risks with this ingestion due to her size that would be idea. This product contains aspirin and caffeine so even a small amount in such a tiny little dog could cause issues including vomiting, diarrhea, hyperexcitability to lethargy, irregular heart beat rhythms to name a few. So if you are able to remove it that would be idealI will wait for any further information and hopefully you will receive this in time to induce vomiting and remove any risks of this causing issues for you. Please let me know how else I can assist you both today If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
I hope Percy is doing alright after ingesting the aspirin.
Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!
If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept so I may be compensated for my time. Thank you!