Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

It looks like my dog has broke a toe on his right back paw.

Customer Question

It looks like my dog has broke a toe on his right back paw. What should I do? Is there anything I can give him for pain relief?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.
Rambo may have broken a toe or just sprained this area causing severe pain. The best thing you can do for now is to place a wrap around this area to pad it using gauze and tape and then give Rambo aspirin at 5 mg per pound every 12 hrs. This will decrease the inflammation and decrease pain....if Rambo is still in discomfort, you may have to take him to your vet for an xray but if this is just bruising or a sprain, the tape and aspirin will help this area heal.
Does that make sense to you?
Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.
Sincerely, ***** *****