Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a 9months old French bulldog, she's been in the wars

Customer Question

I have a 9months old French bulldog, she's been in the wars since we came to france, ate some ant deterrent the local vet induced sickness and she seems to me on the mind, the but is we now see that she is sore between her legs, should I put anything on this if so what? And also in true bulldog fashion she has soreness in the fold of her face is there something I can do for this. As you can tell I am a very new dog owner.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
Does this soreness look like a wound or sore?
Or does she have redness, moist irritation, pimples, pustules, scabs, or ulcers?
Is Dottie itchy with this?
What was the active ingredient int he ant poison? Did her vet get it all back up by inducing sickness? Any treatments started afterwards?
Can you take a photo of this for me? If you can do so, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the wee paper clip on the tool bar. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web address here for me to have a peek.