Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I took my little 6lb. Japanes chin (11) years old. The Dr said he had a pinched nerve &

Customer Question

I took my little 6lb. Japanes chin (11) years old. The Dr said he had a pinched nerve & currently has a weak left leg. He prescribed prednisolone 5 mg.
What can I do to help with his discomfort?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:
How long ago did Gizmo's signs start?
Does he seem painful with the leg? Even with the Prednisolone?
How long has he been on it?
Does he drag his leg? Every try to stand on the top of his paw?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Gizmo's condition started the night before last. And I took him to the Dr the day after and I wrote your site 30 hours after the onset.
Gizmo was prescribed Presnisone yesterday around 12pm and has had two doses yesterday and none today.
Gizmo is unable to walk and does drag his injured leg and it falls as if it is not operable.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you,
I am quite concerned about Gizmo's sudden issue with his leg.
Has he improved at all since the Prednisone was started?
You noted that it falls as if it were not operable. If you pinch his toe on that foot, does he know you have? Does he look or respond at all?