Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My minature chihuahua is acting strange. Thirty minutes ago

Customer Question

My minature chihuahua is acting strange. Thirty minutes ago was playing now almost lythargic and chilled to the touch not sure what's going on. Tried to check her heart rate like I do mine counting beats not sure I'm doing it right
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Michelle-mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Michelle and I'm a moderator for this topic.
We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the Experts?
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.
Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.
Thank you,
Michelle~Moderator
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.
I am so sorry to hear about your sweet Pickles condition...and I am sorry that this has come so late.
There are a number of factors that could cause this sudden lethargy...hypoglycemia, petite mal seizure or a congenital heart issue that you were not aware of. You will have no choice, even if she comes out of this, to have testing done to determine the cause for this so it can be prevented in the future.
Does that make sense to you?
Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.
Sincerely, ***** *****