Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

I've been traveling and have been told that my cat's activit

Customer Question

I've been traveling and have been told that my cat's activity level has dramatically decreased (and she's only laying in 1 particular spot), she's not eating and the people checking on her aren't sure if she's drinking either. I've contacted 2 vets and neither have even bothered to call me back so I could take her in. Not sure what to tell them to do tonight.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! I am Dr. Altman, a licensed veterinarian and happy to answer your questions today.
I am so sorry no one has assisted you on-line either tonight!
I would have them make sure there are no areas of vomiting around the house, that the litterbox has been used, try tenting her skin between her should blades and twisting (with normal hydration it should snap back down but if she is dehydrated it will take 1-2+ seconds to return to normal), checking to ensure her gums are nice and pink and moist.
I would also have them try to spend a good hour with her to give her attention and stimulate her to move around...
If they are able to go to the store and purchase jarred baby foods (especially ham variety) and/ or some canned kitten foods to entice her appetite as well...
If she is still not feeling well, no interest in food, any vomiting around the house, she is dehydrated, not moving at all still then I would consider a veterinary er tonight or urge them to do a walk in at your regular vet tomorrow if necessary to get her seen
I hope this information helps, I am so sorry you are away from her when she is not feeling well and if there is anything else I can assist with please don't hesitate to ask...
If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!
If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Altman