Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

Thank you so much a detailed response! I really

Customer Question

thank you so much for such a detailed response! I really appreciate your attention and concern. some other things he does when this happens are his eyes get red sometimes and he acts tired, I wouldn't say lethargic but certainly not normal. it's usually
just gone and he seems to be acting normal. sometimes it's a minute or so and sometimes a little longer. not very often does it go on longer. his pupils also dilate which I'm thinking happens because there is a severe pain happening somewhere, but I just thought
I'd toss in that little bit more information and see if you still are confident in your original opinion being the same and those other symptoms are all synonymous with it and I'll make sure his vet gets a copy. he is currently on Sucralfate 1gm tablet with
5ml's of water crushed and put into a liquid syringe orally every 8 hours and Omeprazole capsules 20mg orally every 12 hours.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr Altman and happy to assist you both today!Thank you for your kind words, I am still suspicious of the causes because all the symptoms you mention go along with pain response.The eyes getting red is increased blood pressure as a result of discomfort and the fight or flight response causes the eyes to dilate as well. The sedate response is similar to after fight or flight your adrenaline lives the body and you are tired!Do you have a veterinary maxilofacial surgeon in your area that you are aware of? CLICK HERE to link to specialists in the US for review. This would be something to consider for Linquin to consult with because it really does sound more jaw and mouth related versus gi related.Just my two cents but your veterinarian has done an examination and has an entire history as well. I would definitely advise to videotape an episode for your vet to review as well...