Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

I took my dog to vet today up blood. He did several

Customer Question

I took my dog to vet today for throwing up blood. He did several tests and an ex ray blood test showed no sign of poison . My husband came home and said he had put out rat poison that dog may have ingested
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!I am so sorry you found out this is a rat poison ingestion, I definitely advise finding a veterinary er tonight and bringing Penny in along with any packaging of the rat poison that was used with you in order to determine how best to assist herThere are many varieties of rat poison so the brand and type are key in order to begin aggressive and appropriate therapy for her. Even if he doesn't have the packaging hopefully he has the receipt. With her vomiting blood I would not advise waiting until tomorrow to address this new developmentCLICK HERE for a list of types of rat poisons and more information about themPlease let me know how else I can assist you both tonight but please either contact your regular veterinarian if they have emergency hours or a local veterinary er as an alternative tonight... If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier. I have been thinking of you both, how is Penny doing after you asked your question? I would love an update when you are able...
Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!
If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept so I may be compensated for my time. Thank you!