Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

My dog is 2yrs old and has a white ulcer on his lip. he's been

Customer Question

my dog is 2yrs old and has a white ulcer on his lip. he's been taking antibiotics, is this a result of his meds?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr Altman and happy to assist you both today!I am so sorry your little Knuckles is having a few issues!I would be more inclined to believe the ulcer is related to the kennel cough infection than the antibiotics. May I ask what antibiotics he is on?You are welcome to attach a photo, I will not be able to diagnose the cause in this format but can give you an opinion of level of concern and recommendations... CLICK HERE for information on how to do this
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
I am on-line another 45 minutes tonight to assist you both.
I would advise photographing the ulceration with a coin or ruler next to it daily to compare size and using an oatmeal-based dog shampoo on the area twice daily to hopefully reduce the redness and irritation.
If it is itchy you can also use benadryl 1 mg/ pound every 8 hours as needed to help reduce the itch (may sedate mildly).
I hope this information is helpful and that you are able to get onto the site to review my responses. Please let me know how else I can assist you both tonight
If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!
If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier.
Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!
If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept so I may be compensated for my time. Thank you!
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
Hi Samantha,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Knuckles. How is everything going?

Dr. Altman