Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My 6 year old pit was just diagnosed with cancer and was told he may o

Customer Question

My 6 year old pit was just diagnosed with cancer and was told he may only have 6 months to live. I'm really interest in these apricot seeds that have B-17 in them. Also if you recommend b-17 what would the dosage be he is 92 pounds
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.
I am so sorry to hear about Chase's situation and I agree that he is such a young lad to have developed cancer. Now in regards ***** ***** question, we do have to be aware that many natural treatments have really been tested for effectiveness against cancer. As well, there is little information on their effects for each cancer.
Now I don't advise apricot seeds for Chase. This is because besides the positives, these stone fruit seeds/pits also contains cyanide. Therefore, if we were to give this, we could do more harm then good. Instead, you can choose to give a vitamin supplement containing the Vitamin B17. In regards ***** ***** for his size, you can consider starting him on 850mg daily. That way we can avoid any harm while also hopefully gaining B17's anti-cancer effects. And to give him the best chance, it is also worth speaking to his vet about treatment options specific for the type of cancer that has been diagnosed.
Please take care,
Dr. B.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Vince,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Chase. How is everything going?

nekovet