Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My german sheperd dog was outside run after friesbie and next thing I noticed he was limp

Customer Question

My german sheperd dog was outside run after friesbie and next thing I noticed he was limp some on front paw. After a week or two took dog back vet they claim xray shows a few black spots on it and said it is bone cancer
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry to hear you are worried about Max and were told that he has bone cancer. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.
I can't tell you if this is bone cancer or not, without being able to see the Xray. An appointment with a specialist, for a second appointment about the Xray sounds like a good idea. You could also ask your vet to send the Xray to a radiologist for a second opinion about the Xray.
If a dog has bone cancer, that is visible on Xray, usually the cancer has already started to spread to other parts of the body.
I am so sorry you have this worrying news about Max. If you can get a copy of the Xray to post here, I would be happy to look at it.