Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My gp, Noodle, developed a heart that seems to be pounding

Customer Question

Hi, My gp, Noodle, developed a heart that seems to be pounding extrememly hard, and he quit eating. I've been giving him drops of water, but he is not wanting to move or anything. You can actually see his heart beating, and you can feel it pounding soo easily.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. I am sorry the expert you requested is not available. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you. 1- How long has this been going on? 2- Any vomiting, diarrhea or coughing? 3- How old is your dog? 4- Did he get into anything? 5- Any other symptoms?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1. This is a guinea pig - not a dog. This has been going on for 2 days.
2. No vomiting, diarrhea, or coughing
3. Noodle is 1 year old.
4. He didn't get into anything.
5. No other symptoms except lethargic
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
I am so sorry for the misunderstanding; the question came in as a dog. I will opt so another veterinarian that works with Guinea Pigs could help you. Sorry.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry, but my guinea pig has died. Please send refund since I have not had any answers. Thank you.