petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience caring for dogs and cats
21300550

I came to this site looking to see if I could give my dog Zyflamend

Customer Question

I came to this site looking to see if I could give my dog Zyflamend - thanks for the answer posted. She is a 3 yr old rescue (Rhodesian/lab mix) we got last month and she recently injured her leg somehow. X-rays couldn't tell if it is an ACL or hip issue and advised us to see an orthepedic specialist. She improved some with RImadyl, but not entirely and I would love to avoid surgery if possible. We have Zyflamend in the house, but I also looked up Arthroplex which sounds helpful - can you combine? I don't know if it is joint or soft tissue related. Thanks
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you and Zuri today. I am a veterinarian with over 25 years experience and would be happy work with you.
........
There should be no problem combining the two as they work by different mechanisms. The Arthroplex is a chondroprective agent and uses glucosamine as the primary agent to help the cartilage to repair and produce more joint fluid to lubricate the joint. Even if the injury is primarily soft tissue, the joint will be affected so it can't hurt.
The ingredients in the zyflamend are meant to decrease inflammation in general regardless of if due to soft tissue or joint pathology.
.........
I would dose based on recommendations for her weight.
.....
If available, acupuncture may be helpful as well as water therapy. Good luck with her.
......
I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please reply so I can clarify for you.
Dr Z