Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

My dog started crying out in the middle of the night I thought

Customer Question

My dog started crying out in the middle of the night I thought it was a bad dream. Now in the morning she is shaking and walking around slowly. Not herself
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. I am sorry the expert you requested is not available. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you. 1- Any vomiting, diarrhea or coughing? 2- Did she get into anything? 3- Any other symptoms?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She isn't vomiting or having the runs (which she does if she are something she shouldn't have.) she isn't moving around when we call her and seems to be shivering. Definitely not her self
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Can you take her rectal temperature?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I do not have a thermometer here. Should I be rushing her to the vet ?
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Friend, the symptoms that you are describing in Lexi are consistent with neuromuscular pain, very likely a pinched nerve or pulled muscle along the back. The best option for Lexi is having her checked by family veterinarian for a hands on examination and start her on prescription anti inflammatory and pain medication. The sooner she is started on medication the better the prognosis. Highly recommend having her checked this morning. Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Lexi. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter